from a photograph by Richard Schwartzman.
Archie’s Corner is on the northwest corner of the intersection of Ring and Bullock roads in Chadds Ford. It was built as an octagonal school house the late 1830s but later sold. Rev. Lydia Archie, a black preacher, bought the property in 1891 and used it as a church with an adjacent cemetery. Archie was known as both “Mother Archie” and “Sister Archie.” Artist Andrew Wyeth coned the name The “Archie’s Corner” when he drew the church.
- 4.25 x 6 inch postcard
- induvidual cards $1.75 (+ $1 sh)
- set of three $5.00 (+ $1 sh)