from an original watercolor painting by Don Shoffner
"The amazing Sycamore has born witness to four centuries of history. Most notably the Battle of the Brandywine in 1777. The Marquis de Lafayette used the adjacent Gideon Gilpin House as his Headquarters during the encampment and battle. One of the many legends associated with the tree is that a wounded Lafayette was leaned against the tree during the battle."
- Giclee on German engraving paper
- image size 12.25" X 18.25"
- paper size 14.25" X 20.25"
- this print is signed and numbered by the artist
- edition limited to 48 prints