from a photograph by Richard Schwartzman.
The John Chads House, home to John and Elizabeth Chads, was built around 1725. Chad was a farmer and entrepreneur who ran a ferry business so people could ford the Brandywine Creek. It was Chad and his ferry from where Chadds Ford gets its name. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is an element of the Brandywine Battlefield National Landmark.
- 4.25 x 6 inch postcard
- induvidual cards $1.75 (+ $1 sh)
- set of three $5.00 (+ $1 sh)